Energy Trading Analyst
An Energy Trading Analyst is required for a disruptive energy business that is challenging the incumbent marketplace. They will perform in-depth energy market analysis, following electricity and environmental markets, pricing customer loads, executing trades, trade reconciliations, position and risk reporting.
Reporting to the Wholesale Markets and Pricing Lead, the Energy Trading Analyst will:
- Undertake analysis of wholesale energy markets and develop reports to inform internal stakeholders and support internal business decisions
- Support wholesale trading activities across electricity and environmental markets
- Support the creation of Position and Risk Reporting on existing and new hedge contracts OTC and Futures
- Review and reconciliation of existing and new hedge position against counterparty/customer billing
- Stay up to date on latest electricity and environmental derivatives and risk management products
- Support development of tools and calculation of transfer pricing for various retail products
- Undertake analysis of various retail products and hedging strategies, prepare presentations & provide reports for customers demonstrating benefits, risks etc
They are looking for someone with:
- A tertiary qualification in relevant field (finance, engineering, economics or mathematics)
- Strong understanding of the wholesale energy markets
- Understanding of derivatives within the energy market (swaps, caps & Asians)
- Relevant energy industry experience that includes financial analysis, reporting and/or trading
- Ability to analyses and communicate market information
- Advanced Microsoft Office, particularly Advanced Excel
- Outstanding communication both written and verbal
- Experience in problem solving and analysis
- Proven experience within a corporate environment
- A flexible team player with the ability to deliver
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-managed with strong planning, time management and organisational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Responds well to challenge and change and is service orientated
Freshwater Group is a renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage and management.
Great People Better Outcomes www.freshwater-group.com.au
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/freshwater-group
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.
Freshwater Group is a best practice energy sector recruitment business operating across the whole of Australasia. We specialize in executive, management and technical hiring mainly for renewable electricity generators, developers and technology companies, low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology companies, as well as energy infrastructure, storage and management businesses.
We offer our customers a genuine partnership, enabling them to make the best decisions in their hiring and career choices. We use a rigorous and transparent process based on best-practice techniques, with robust and valid psychometric assessment and ability testing at its heart. This ensures the people our clients interview not only have the necessary skills and experience, but that their natural behaviours are a great match for the role, the company and its culture.
Freshwater Group is led by David Young who has led recruitment teams and sector practices for TMP Worldwide/Hudson and Talent2 Executive in the UK. In 2012 David left Talent2 and worked independently via Freshwater Resourcing and then in 2015, he moved back to Australia and set up Freshwater Group with the goal of creating a recruitment business that will deliver better outcomes for all customers.
+61 499 456 279