A Community Engagement Officer is required for a highly regarded global renewable energy project development company.
The Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for the negotiation of neighbour agreements and implementation of broader community engagement strategies.
- Work with the development teams to develop new Community Relations Strategies (CRS) on a project-by-project basis.
- Facilitate the negotiation of land agreements with host landowners, co-ordinating legal, technical, and commercial negotiation support.
- Lead discussions with local councils.
- Assist with project submissions, development applications and Q&A.
- Support the development team and project manager with on-site project activities and assessments required to facilitate development, construction and operations of projects.
- Manage and update project websites in coordination with the development and IT teams.
- Manage the production of newsletters to provide updates to community on project progress.
- Work with the development team on material for presentation to various stakeholder groups including FAQ information sheets, visual presentations, etc.
- Well-developed experience in community relations or stakeholder engagement, preferably from infrastructure or energy projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Able to think strategically, facilitating the long-term health of the organisation through implementation of community benefit schemes with genuine lasting benefits for host communities.
- Meticulous, with high attention to detail and very high level of integrity.
- Demonstrable skills in conflict management and resolution.
- Action-oriented: able to drive tasks to completion.
- Good knowledge of relevant planning and land laws and statutory compliance requirements.
- Australian driving license.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically, including being flexible with working hours to accommodate landowner, community and stakeholder availability and travel requirements.
- Permanent resident or Australian Citizen.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.