A PR and Communications Manager is required for an Australian technology business that has developed cutting-edge solutions to streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy through prefabrication and automation.
They are a Work180 Endorsed Employer.
The PR and Communications Manager will develop and lead the PR and Communications approach locally and internationally to proactively grow and enhance brand recognition and engagement, tackle the naysayers and develop effective communications.
- Building and managing the communications strategy in line with organisational goals.
- Targeting relevant media outlets, influencers & bloggers, building and honing long term relationships with key contacts.
- Spotting trends and developing opportunities & stories that generate positive publicity.
- Creating earned media assets, such as customer-facing blogs & leadership team interviews.
- Responding to public-facing complaints, especially via social media.
- Stakeholder management, in particular at C-Level – driving projects to completion with time-poor executives will be frequently required.
- Educating & training staff company-wide on PR in order to generate PR content and opportunities.
- Writing & editing miscellaneous PR assets.
- Scanning for, and managing, any negative press.
- Decisively manage any crisis communications that arise.
- Understanding & translating very technical information into customer-friendly materials.
- Reporting & analysis on all PR-related activities, goals & KPIs.
- Managing company presence at hosted or sponsored events.
- A degree in Communications, PR, Advertising, Marketing or other relevant discipline.
- Substantial experience in a PR & communications role.
- Experience in the solar/energy industry is preferred.
- Experience of planning and executing a PR strategy.
- Demonstrable excellence in copywriting skills & style.
- Experience of managing negative PR.
- Experience working with technical teams.
- Collaborative team-working skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Events experience.
- A creative problem solver.
- An ability to motivate and influence people.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.