A Structural Engineer is required for an Australian technology business that is developing cutting-edge solutions that streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy.
The Structural Engineer will ensure the structural integrity of the company’s evolving technology by providing structural engineering expertise input through the design phase. They will also manage the certification process for new generations of the technology, as well as the certification processes for associated technology solutions for the core product.
The development of site design requirements including slope tolerances, geotechnical requirements and hydrology will also form part of the scope of work for the Structural Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Structural or Civil, with Chartered status preferred but not essential.
- Structural engineering expertise and testing experience, particularly involving steel and concrete, for large scale renewable power generation, preferably solar or wind.
- Technical understanding of engineering solutions and their respective parts.
- Familiarity with Australian standards, in particular those that relate to the solar industry.
- Familiarity with other relevant overseas standards will be highly regarded.
- Experience reviewing products and materials against relevant local and overseas standards, in view of changing specifications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to manage communication with stakeholders around questions and concerns.
- Experience managing multiple certification processes and timelines.
- Detail-oriented and accuracy-driven.
- Independent worker who’s also able to liaise effectively with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Proactive person who’s not afraid to pick up the phone and chase solutions to problems or answers to unknowns.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
- A willingness and ability to travel to site as required.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.