Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Sydney (Manly), NSW
This global solar technology leader provides the most comprehensive portfolio of intelligent hardware and control software solutions to capture the full value of solar power plants. They are creative, collaborative and passionate problem-solvers from diverse backgrounds, driven by a shared mission to provide smart solar hardware and software solutions to mitigate climate change for future generations. People, Community, Environment, Innovation, and Integrity are their cornerstone values.
- Oversee the design of foundation systems (mainly driven piles) from conceptual design to project closeout, working closely with the Senior Structural Engineer to produce a final design package and support project engineering in project development and execution.
- Assist in project development work by reviewing site specific information and geotechnical reports to support cost estimation and project bidding.
- Supervise pile load testing operations.
- Provide geotechnical analysis (including soil corrositivity and soil expansivity) and most cost-effective foundation solutions.
- Conduct meeting with clients.
- Perform geotechnical analysis and recommend foundation types for solar projects.
- Degree in Geotechnical, Structural or Civil Engineering.
- Experience of geotechnical (and structural) engineering design with experience in pier foundations and piles, preferably driven piles.
- Previous experience as a Piling Engineer would be highly regarded.
- Proficiency in Finite Element Modelling (Risa), AutoCAD, L-Pile/All-Pile and other structural analysis software.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards and local codes including but not limited to AS1170 and AS4100 with knowledge of U.S. Codes Including International Building Code (IBC), ASCE7-10, and America Institute of Steel Construction AISC) a plus.
- Experience in designing or analyzing driven pier foundations.
- Willingness to travel to project sites and ability to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to work without close supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in team environment.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residence.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.