A PV Engineer is required for an Australian technology business that has developed cutting-edge solutions to streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy through prefabrication and automation.
They are a Work180 Endorsed Employer.
The PV Engineer will create standardised electrical system designs to make the prefabricated system up to the inverter Plug and Play. The approach required is to minimise the number of components, making it simple but covering as many deployment configurations as possible based on different countries, standards, new generations as well as feedback from site.
- Designing standard system layouts and DC BoMs.
- Performing detailed cost optimisations to find system layouts and configurations that reduce LCoE.
- Developing design guidelines including system layouts and DC Electrical Design for use by technical sales engineers and external design engineers.
- Scanning the market for DC BoS products that will reduce overall system cost and complexity.
- Creating and maintaining a document repository of technical documents to aid in due diligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in PV or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of the full design of MW scale PV Systems, behind the meter essential with front of meter utility scale design experience being well regarded but not required.
- Good working knowledge of AS/NZS 5033, AS3000 and AS/NZS 3008.
- Proficient in AUTOCAD (or similar) and PVSyst.
- Able to create PV System layouts and construction drawings taking into account optimal land utilisation, site topography, constructability and maintenance requirements.
- Experience of sizing DC cables using AS/NZS 3008 and/or cable ampacity software (e.g. CYMCAP)
- Demonstrated experience designing innovative cable management and DC switchgear systems.
- An understanding of constructability of designs from project engineering experience is advantageous.
- A creative approach to design.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.