Brisbane or Queensland Regional
An Australian renewable energy development company that is transforming into a significant IPP is looking to hire a Project Director for a >$1bn wind farm and battery project in Queensland.
The Project Director will need to think, and make decisions, like an owner and take overall responsibility for successfully delivering the project and generating returns for shareholders that are consistent with the business case approved at FID.
Reporting to Project Board and as Chair of the Project Steering Committee, you will coach and guide Workstream Leads to deliver the project as “owner’s representatives” with a culture of collaboration, evidence-based decision making and where expertise is respected, and people feel free to speak up.
Ultimately you will take primary responsibility for the overall success of the Project Business Plan by achieving COD in a manner which achieves shareholder investment objectives and does not tarnish the company’s reputation.
• A Degree in Engineering, Project Management, Commerce or Economics with an MBA or other relevant Masters’ degree highly preferred.
• Significant experience in senior roles that encompass major infrastructure development and construction, with recent experience in windfarm construction preferred.
• Extensive experience in project management on behalf of the owner/principal on major ($1 bn +) infrastructure and energy construction projects.
• A disciplined leader who conveys a clear and consistent message and sense of team direction even in uncertain times.
• Engages persuasively and connects with multiple stakeholders across and outside of the organisation.
• Empowers the team by giving real ownership for delegated activities.
• Able to energise and drive a team to perform at the highest standard.
• Promoter of ownership and accountability to ensure that tasks are successfully delivered.
• Strong understanding of renewable generation technologies and construction processes.
• Strong understanding of business case development, financial modelling and investment analysis.
• Good understanding of project financing and management of project finance debt facilities and associated hedging.
• Proven experience in managing teams multi-disciplinary teams which have successfully completed construction on a major infrastructure project, ideally a windfarm.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Capacity to develop strategies and initiatives from scratch, including supporting materials.
• Able to regularly travel domestically, particularly to the project site.
• Australian driving license.
• Australian citizenship or permanent residence.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Follow us on LinkedIn
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.