A Project Development Engineer opportunity exists in a renewable energy project development business that is growing to become a major long-term part of the renewable energy industry.
The Project Development Engineer will be responsible for working with the project development team on all technical aspects of a pipeline of renewable energy projects including managing external consultants, preliminary design work and writing or overseeing technical input to a variety of documents.
- Assisting with all technical aspects for the pipeline of solar, wind and storage sites
- Assisting with various tender submissions (ARENA, AEMO, State Government, PPA tenders etc.)
- Working closely alongside the Grid Connections team to ensure optimal GPS and connection establishment on site-by-site basis
- Assisting with development applications and associated technical studies
- Working alongside the commercial team to provide technical inputs for financial models
- Assisting with EPC tender processes once sites approach ready to build (RTB) status
- Assisting with due diligence processes during sale and / or financial close phases
- A Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Design experience of renewable energy projects
- Experience of utility scale project development processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Engineering consulting experience from an engineering firm is highly regarded
- Well-developed experience in writing tenders, submission, plans and technical reports
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.