A Product Engineer is required for an Australian technology business that is developing cutting-edge solutions that streamline and drastically reduce the time and cost of deploying large scale solar energy.
The Product Engineer is responsible for product development and definition, working in a multidisciplinary design team to develop new product(s) throughout the entire cycle, from inception through end of product life.
Main responsibilities include:
- Developing digital models of a new product and then create and test product prototypes.
- Source and select materials necessary to build a prototype and then scale that prototype in a cost-effective manner.
- Collaborating with Product Development teams to turn concepts into
- Ensuring product design and manufacturing processes meet any and all safety regulations and specifications.
Key requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design.
- Experience in industrial design, product configuration or product engineering from an engineered, commoditized or prefabricated product industry.
- Experience with manufacturing, engineering and quality assurance methods.
- Experience with PLM Software such as Windchill.
- Excellent SolidWorks or 3DExperience CAD skills and MS Office computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Well-developed organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience of project management.
- Proficiency in mathematics.
- Critical thinking, analysis and decision making skills.
- Flexibility and autonomy to thrive in a growing, early stage business.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.