A unique opportunity exists in a global manufacturer to assist with the design, development and testing of solar inverters, DC/DC converters and battery chargers. Working along with the Electronics Engineer as part of the development team, you will aid in the analysis and benchmarking of existing inverters and then design and develop a DC/DC converter (MPPT), grid-connected inverter and battery charging unit.
• Develop a detailed understanding of the renewable energy product roadmap.
• Develop and validate power electronics for solar inverters, DC/DC converters and battery chargers.
• Develop and verify digital and analogue power electronics control hardware.
• Record specification designs, drawings, bills of materials and test data.
• Create test procedures to verify hardware designs.
• Execute projects within defined scope, budget and timelines.
• Develop and test power electronic circuits, digital logic, microcomputer and analogue circuits.
• Ensure products satisfy AS/NZS 4777 and/or UL, IEEE, IEC, FCC.
• Build test equipment to qualify electronic modules for production.
• Prototype design of the relevant circuits.
• An electronics or electrical engineering degree with a Master’s level preferable.
• Experience of designing power electronic systems in particular DC-DC converters, grid-connected inverters, battery chargers
and switching mode power supplies
• Knowledge and experience of design and analysis of analogue and digital circuitries, working with high-frequency magnetics,
power losses and efficiency analysis and EMC testing.
• Experience of working with microcontrollers (MCUs) and digital signal processors (DSPs).
• Experience with PCB design using Altium.
• Knowledge of standard requirements for grid-connected inverters. Australian standard AS/NZS 4777 is preferred, other standards
such as UL, IEEE, IEC, FCC is also acceptable.
• Preferably a knowledge of TCP/IP, USB, EIA-485 and 802.11x standards.
• Preferably knowledge of power electronics simulation tools such as PSIM and MATLAB Simulink.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Well-developed planning, organising and problem-solving skills.
• Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.