A Mechatronics Engineer is required for an Australian technology business that is developing cutting-edge solutions that streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy.
The Mechatronics Engineer will lead development of automation and robotic technologies primarily to support operations and maintenance of solar assets, but also for other relevant assembly and deployment processes.
- Liaise with O&M Manager to establish site O&M requirements and challenges.
- Develop concepts, study feasibility, cost implications and performance benefits of new mechatronic concepts.
- Researching and selecting sensor, communication and control technologies for relevant functionality of robotic equipment.
- Source and manage suppliers to modify products from their existing range to support 5B needs.
- Drive external projects to develop robotic solutions, particularly in vegetation management and solar panel cleaning.
- Identifying and selecting materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs.
- Creating mechanical models and performing tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
- Design and build of prototype new products by integrating various technologies
- Maintaining and improving processes and designs of new equipment.
Essential Requirements and Attributes
- A Degree in Mechatronics or Robotics.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Mechatronics or robotic development experience for a relevant industry such as energy, utilities, asset management, rail or agriculture.
- Product and/or vendor management experience to develop new or modified products.
- A creative and conceptual thinker with a passion for innovation.
- Mechanical CAD Drawing and 3D modelling to develop manufacturing drawings.
- Scripting and firmware coding expertise with languages such as Python, MATLAB, C, C++
- Experience of computer vision, GPS, control systems, artificial intelligence, signal processing and motor control.Ability to mathematically model practical physical systems.
- Deep analytical problem-solving skills with good critical thinking.
- Ability to engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.