A Head of Product Industrialisation is required for a leading-edge solar technology company to industrialise their products, enabling them to be produced at scale, low cost and high quality through manufacturing partner companies. The role will help create the strategy for product industrialisation, formulate the roadmap and execute on this both tactically and operationally.
- Develop the Product Industrialisation Roadmap and take full responsibility for executing on that roadmap.
- Take ownership of testing and validating new production technologies and processes, lead pilot scale production and subsequent commercialisation with manufacturing partner companies.
- Take responsibility for technology transfer to supply chain, supporting them as SME in their deployment to the manufacturing partner companies.
- Lead a team that carefully balances innovation, process and governance while looking to pragmatically design and build solutions.
- Modelling of future potential workstreams and continuous improvement: new technology, cost reductions, increased productivity, and what this will look like when manufactured at scale and in defining capex requirements for partner companies.
- Lead the establishment of a best practice Pilot Production facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area, including manufacturing, engineering, industrial design, process or mechatronics.
- Strong team leadership capability, leading the balance between innovation, engineering and process excellence.
- Experience with green field manufacturing and transition to large scale.
- Experience with new product development, testing and validation processes.
- Experience with automation using new technologies in industrialising a manufacturing process.
- Areas of knowledge includes manufacturing processes, integration with software tools and ERP, advanced manufacturing, robotics and labour.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing involving robotic assembly processes, roll forming or other sheet metal processes is highly desirable.
- Flexible and adaptable: able to drive and navigate content concurrently with innovation and R&D.
- Pragmatic with a can-do attitude.
- Intuitive and free-thinking innovation.
- Applies first principles in problem resolution and inherently more interrogative.
- Superior stakeholder relationship capability; can build bridges.
- Valid Australian work rights.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.