A unique opportunity exists in a global manufacturer to assist with the design, development and test of power electronics systems including DC-DC converters, grid-connected solar inverters and battery chargers. You will work along with the Electronics Engineer, as part of the renewables team to develop and write firmware code, conduct software testing and debugging, as well as embedded hardware design for solar inverters.
• Develop a detailed understanding of the renewable energy product roadmap.
• Design and develop firmware for DC-DC converters, grid-connected solar inverters and battery chargers.
• Perform design and code reviews and recommend improvements.
• Perform testing to validate product architecture and design.
• Collaborate with other engineers on technical and design issues.
• Develop firmware algorithms to handle exceptional conditions and errors.
• Install and verify the firmware on embedded system.
• Troubleshoot system, performance and functional issues with firmware.
• Execute projects within defined scope, budget and timelines.
• Periodically review firmware to maintain quality and performance.
• Maintain source control for all projects in line with organisational standards.
• A software, electronics or electrical engineering degree with a Master’s preferable.
• Solid understanding of embedded microprocessor firmware using C, C++ (possibly VHDL).
• Experience of programming microcontrollers (MCUs), digital signal processors (DSPs) and FPGA’s.
• Experience of designing hardware and embedded control architectures.
• Knowledge of Ethernet, SPI, I2C, UART and Modbus communication protocols.
• Proven Experience of TCP/IP, USB, EIA-485 and 802.11x standards
• Proven Experience in standard communication protocols used like Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU etc.
• Some understanding of power electronics conversion topologies.
• Ideally experience writing code and developing firmware for power electronic systems such as DC-DC converters, grid-connected
inverters, battery chargers, switching mode power supplies and motor drives.
• Some experience of PCB design using Altium designer.
• Preferably a knowledge of standard requirements for grid-connected inverters. Australian standard AS/NZS 4777 is preferred,
other standards such as UL, IEEE, IEC, and FCC are also acceptable.
• Preferably experience with wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, LTE and Wi-Fi.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Well-developed planning, organising and problem-solving skills.
• Australian citizen or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.