An exciting opportunity exists for a Control Systems Engineer with power generation experience to join a vertically integrated provider of energy control solutions experiencing a strong period of growth.
The Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design and application of new and existing control system technologies, as well as managing the implementation of these technologies in power generation projects.
They will also be responsible for:
- Selection or design and programming, parameterising, system integration, testing and on-site commissioning of:
- Control systems for hydro turbines, gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors, diesel engines, gas engines & power distribution;
- Multi-function protection relays and PLCs;
- LV power switchboards (both AC and DC);
- Communication technologies (Modbus TCP, Modbus RS485, CANBus);
- Technical scope and detail functional and interface clarification with product suppliers;
- Development of well-written project and business-related technical documentation;
- Interface with the global controls community for best-practice implementation of the platform as well as helping to prioritise product enhancements;
- Support to the FAT team on the commissioning of the overall system.
- Produce detailed requirements in collaboration with the Sales Team and clients’ Systems Engineers to meet project-specific needs;
- Interface with key supplier engineering teams to ensure that product-specific capabilities are integrated at a project level;
- Review system design prior to production.
- Electrical Engineering or other relevant degree, with a specialisation course (Diploma/Certificate) being highly regarded.
- Power Electronic Systems Control and Communication Design;
- Power generation and/or rotating equipment experience;
- Low Voltage Switchboards and protection;
- Power Industry control and communication protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC61850, CAN);
- Design, implementation and testing of remote communication systems;
- PLC and SCADA programming;
- On-site and remote data capture systems and strategies;
- Commissioning experienceAustralian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.