A Warranty Claims Adviser is required for a leading, Tier 1 solar panel OEM to coordinate and manage a high quality and efficient warranty service. This will involve the management of 1-2 calls per day from solar installer customers who have issues, and then to arrange the warranty claim. .
- Inbound call management and support for installers, providing high level customer support and conflict resolution.
- Management of warranty process including liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure claim is efficiently finalised.
- Act as single point of contact for installer throughout the warranty claim.
- Ensure all details for warranty claim are correctly entered by the Installer, following up to seek missing data.
- Coordinate return items for testing.
- Manage all customer escalations, take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Improve customer service quality by collaboratively evaluating & re-designing processes, establishing & communicating service metrics, monitoring & analysing results & implementing changes.
- Customer Service and conflict resolution training would be highly regarded.
- Previous experience in Customer Service, Warranty or Technical Support roles.
- Previous support experience with a technical or engineered product.
- Outstanding customer support ethos, communication skills with well-developed conflict resolution skills.
- Strong problem solving.
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- IT literacy with good skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency with fluent English.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.