A Transactions Analyst is required for a highly regarded renewable energy project development company that has created a new division to strengthen the financial skill base in the company. They are undergoing significant change following investment from a high profile clean energy fund.
The new Director of Transactions is now building their team and is looking to hire Analysts and Associates at different experience levels. The Analysts/Associates will contribute to a team that oversees the major financial aspects of the company’s development assets.
Specifically they will:
- Take primary responsibility for managing complex financial models and articulating conclusions from these models through to key stakeholders.
- Use prioritisation and communication methods to align financial modelling priorities with development managers and executives in the Development and Markets departments.
- Assist in managing PPA opportunities across the development portfolio, including preparing pitch book presentations for PPA tenders and RFPs.
- Assist the Transactions team to engage and communicate with the executive team and shareholders.
- Assist in the sell down of equity interests in their developed renewable energy projects and from, time to time, the acquisition of development projects to support the development pipeline.
- Assist in processes to secure debt for their development portfolio.
- A Degree level qualification in finance, economics, mathematics or similar.
- Some experience in financial modelling / model audit or M&A.
- An understanding of financial risk management techniques and application.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple opportunities across a portfolio of projects.
- High ethical standards.
- Advanced quantitative skills.
- Good verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work with a diverse team and multiple remote counterparties
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexible, pro-active, reliable and positive attitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically.
- Permanent resident or Australian Citizen.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.