The Stakeholder Engagement Manager will manage all stakeholder engagement and communication activities for this significant pumped hydro energy storage project. This is a 12-month contract for the development phase, with the possibility of extension.
This will include government and authority liaison, website updates, community newsletters, social media feeds, public exhibitions, educational projects and press releases to ensure stakeholders are informed and the project benefits are promoted and concerns addressed.
The position will also undertake regular liaison with a wide range of local stakeholders to fully understand the needs of the community and how the project can address those needs, where relevant.
- Responsible for owning and managing the stakeholder management strategy for the Project during its development phase to ensure positive stakeholder and community relations are developed and maintained.
- Manage the community consultation process within the Planning process ensuring statutory consultation requirements are satisfied and all interactions are logged and tracked in the database.
- Provide high quality, effective and timely management of engagement activities related to the project’s development, including the preparation and delivery of effective community meetings and discussion with groups.
- Develop a deep understanding of the local community’s issues and agendas, and any areas of alignment or mismatch, to identify key areas that will unite the community behind the project.
- Provide communication advice and support to project development managers which contribute to effective engagement with stakeholders and the local community.
- Manage the project website and other communication tools including setting up and monitoring a dedicated complaints line.
- Proactively and sensitively deal with complaints and negative sentiment.
Requirements and Attributes
- Degree in a relevant area or extensive management experience in a related area essential.
- Demonstrated experience in communications & stakeholder management with a wide range of stakeholders, including landowners, for major infrastructure projects.
- Experience in events management and media activities.
- High level written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to convey messages effectively to a range of audiences using all forms of media.
- Excellent listening skills, detail focussed and ability to effectively multitask.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills to co-ordinate consultants site visits with the local community.
- A practical understanding of the risks of being remote and ability to be able to keep yourself safe.
- Business level of English capability essential.
- The ability to travel to site and local community areas as well as to the Sydney office as required.
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Some experience of the renewable energy industry is desirable but a passion for renewable energy is essential.
The company HQ is based in North Sydney but flexible working is available.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.