A Senior Technical Writer is required for a leading-edge solar technology company to write content for the training programs for partner companies as well as other deployment and assembly documentation as required (engineering guidelines, bills of materials).
- Work with internal staff to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product, deployment processes and techniques and related factors such as safety, quality, ground conditions and equipment condition.
- Facilitate discussions to assist staff in the articulation of required information or preparation of draft content.
- Work with the Training Manager and other management team members to identify and specify the documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards, selecting language and tone that will be understood by and appropriate to the target audience.
- Manage and maintain the document library.
- Aid in the development and completion of task within other functions of the business when required, for example, marketing material.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent, or further education in Professional Writing and Editing.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of training material, instruction manuals, user guides or similar.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation written in a variety of styles for varied audiences.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Exceptional cultural adaptability to enable effective information gathering from a diverse range of staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google suite and Adobe creative cloud suite, ideally Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience from the construction, solar or wind industries is desirable.
- Some experience working with Solidworks/Blender.
- Some experience of arranging or managing language translation to Mandarin, Cantonese or Spanish would be highly regarded.
- Willingness to travel internationally or to remote sites.
- Valid Australian work rights.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.