A Regulatory Advisor opportunity exists within a global engineering, logistics and energy holding company that has recently established a global renewables division that is currently developing a range of leading-edge projects in areas such as green hydrogen and pumped hydro.
The Regulatory Advisor will support and work closely with the NEM Policy Manager to provide ongoing regulatory, policy, and economic advice, analysis, and evaluation around current and future market factors influencing the energy and wider utilities sector.
- Conduct analysis of policy developments, interpret their impact and develop internal policies and positions that advance business strategy and the policy interests.
- Drive change among external regulatory colleagues in collaboratively developing more optimal solution, with a desire to become a sector thought leader.
- Prepare submissions on relevant rule change proposals in state and national jurisdictions.
- Develop strategies relating to the maintenance and enhancement of strong government stakeholder relationships.
- Be responsible for monitoring and managing the regulatory environment, extracting key insights, and communicating them to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to provide both proactive and reactive government stakeholder engagement advice and expertise, including facilitating workshops, as necessary.
- A Degree in Economics, Commerce, or a discipline related to energy market policy and regulation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of energy policy and economic fundamentals of electricity markets – in particular the National Electricity Market (NEM), the NSW Electricity Infrastructure Roadmap, and associated Australian regulatory bodies and government agencies.
- Proven ability to influence and undertake complex negotiations.
- Be a creative and analytic thinker with strong commercial instincts, determined to overcome the challenges of a rapidly evolving sector.
- Permanent resident or Australian Citizen.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.