An exciting contract opportunity exists for an experienced Project Development Manager to take responsibility for driving HV transmission constructability, design and planning approvals on time and within budget.
The role can be home based anywhere in NSW or work from a Sydney office.
Reporting to the Directors, this is a key role in the project’s success and will be supported by high quality external consultants. Many stakeholders including TransGrid, Government and local communities will be involved. The role requires collaborative working with these groups to foster strong positive relationships.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating people and activities on and around the development site. Understanding the importance of Work, Health & Safety is paramount given the challenging location and terrain of the site.
- Take a lead role in the delivery of project objectives encompassing constructability and planning approval for the project’s grid connection and transmission line component.
- Formulate and implement development activity plans which both de-risk the project and adhere to schedules and budgets which you will help to create and revise.
- Engage closely with stakeholders, including landowners, and manage external consultants.
- Prepare reports and progress updates for external stakeholders, partners, and Directors.
- Tertiary qualification in planning, engineering, environmental science or business-based field.
- A clear understanding of the NSW and federal planning and approval processes.
- Project management experience including an ability to formulate, implement, and track progress against, a budget and schedule.
- Substantial experience in infrastructure project development that has included transmission lines.
- A proven track record of successful stakeholder engagement and negotiation with transmission network service providers.
- Understanding and track record working with land agreements are highly desirable.
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.