An Operations and Maintenance Officer is required for an Australian technology business that is developing cutting-edge solutions that streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy.
The Operations and Maintenance Officer will monitor the company’s existing solar assets as well as support the development of the tactical and strategic, whole of site O&M plans.
They will also:
- Supervise subcontractors on site to deliver specific operations and/or maintenance tasks, such as solar panel cleaning, vegetation management and component replacement or repair.
- Ensure rigorous and systematic record keeping, data management and document management for site and fleet level O&M documents.
- Perform site inspections, technical asset management, performance monitoring, contract management and reporting.
- Conduct pilot projects for internal research projects on vegetation management, solar panel cleaning and asset monitoring.
- Conduct project performance data monitoring, analysis and diagnostics.
- Engineering or environmental qualifications.
- Solar Project Engineering or power generation asset O&M experience, preferably of renewable energy.
- An understanding of power generation assets including remote and on-site performance monitoring, interpretation of monitoring data and safety and fault assessment.
- Knowledge of environmental management, particularly current vegetation management strategies.
- Experience of managing indigenous group relationships.
- Knowledge of O&M contracts and experience in managing contractors.
- Experience in preparing detailed reporting.
- Stakeholder management skills with good communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong organisational and analytical abilities.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
- A willingness and ability to travel to site as required.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.