A Facilities Manager is required for an Australian technology business that has developed cutting-edge solutions to streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy through prefabrication and automation.
They are a Work180 Endorsed Employer.
The Facilities Manager will provide a dedicated and professional focus on managing the company’s facilities. The rapid growth of the business means that not only basic aspects need to be brought up to a professional standard, but professional facilities management is required to enable the business to grow effectively in their current location, as well as an expected satellite office and the testing facility.
The role will suit an individual who may be looking to take the next step up in their career.
- Maintain and preserve the good condition of the company’s facilities infrastructure as well as ensuring that all facilities are safe and well-functioning.
- Plan and coordinate all installations and refurbishments.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Negotiate and manage insurance plans and service contracts.
- Allocate and manage space between buildings.
- Draft reports and make written recommendations on necessary and desirable improvements.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimise costs.
- Develop a strong understanding of the warehouse control systems.
- Maintain adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary.
- Supervise all staff facilities and external contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Facility Management, or Engineering desirable
- Previous experience in a facilities role that included office and warehouse facilities.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Commercial awareness and a customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail, organised, good time management and is able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.