Energy Markets Manager
An Energy Markets Manager is required by an international engineering and energy company with a global renewables division, headquartered in Sydney. They are developing a range of leading-edge projects in areas such as solar, wind, green hydrogen and pumped hydro. As part of the growth of the new renewables division, the GM Market Strategy & Policy has created a new role, the Energy Markets Manager to be the hub of NEM energy market knowledge on modelling, and the custodian of market assumptions, managing relationships with market modelling 3rd parties.
The role will also include running bespoke quantitative analysis on project economics, performing project due diligence to provide a substantive view on a project and presenting knowledge to the Senior Leadership team and the Board.
This role takes responsibility for leading the Energy Markets function within the Strategy, Markets and Policy Group and will mean growing a team in time.
• A Degree, with a Masters preferred, in engineering, science, mathematics, economics or a related technical field.
• Experience in energy market modelling, network modelling, or using and navigating bespoke models or energy market database management and analysis.
• Relevant experience and exposure in the renewable energy industry, energy markets, hydrogen, energy policy and energy transition strategies
• Deep knowledge of electricity markets and a strong understanding of the National Electricity Market.
• Experience in renewable energy project development, or a working understanding of the National Electricity Rules and the roles and functions of jurisdictional energy policies and market bodies.
• Experience managing teams and/or projects or working in high performance teams on efficient timelines.
• A high level of analytical, organisational, reporting, problem-solving and commercial skills
• Experience working collaboratively within teams to develop and deliver innovative solutions to complex problems, particularly using optimisation techniques.
• Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis to support decision-making and in effectively communicating your findings to a broad spectrum of people.
• Demonstrated success in taking responsibility for project and process management in team-oriented environments.
• Collaborative self-starter interested in ‘rolling up their sleeves’ to learn new skills, work in a fast-paced environment, and see renewable projects through to fruition.
• Permanent resident or Australian Citizen.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Follow us on LinkedIn
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.