An exciting opportunity exists for an Electrical Testing and Commissioning Technician/Engineer, to join a vertically integrated provider of energy control solutions experiencing a strong period of growth.
The Electrical Testing and Commissioning Technician/Engineer will be responsible for the completion and testing of renewable energy electrical controls systems, remote customer service calls and on-site commissioning. This may include completion or modification of the wiring and components as well as programming by computer or direct interface panel entry.
They will also:
• Support the preparation of testing and commissioning plans to meet the project objectives and ensure approved procedures and
methods of work are applied correctly.
• Providing remote assistance for on-site staff with the partial build or complete build of switchboards.
• Monitoring follow-up actions through to closure of all non-compliances identified during testing and commissioning.
• An Electrical license with an Advanced Diploma in Industrial Electronics or Certificate IV in Electrical Engineering being
• A solid understanding, training and experience in the testing and commissioning of medium voltage electrical equipment,
particularly power protection and/or control systems.
• Demonstrated hands-on programming experience for PLCs and Power Protection Relays.
• Knowledge and experience using AutoCad (Lite/Electrical).
• Ability to work under time and resource pressure and remain process & detail oriented.
• A proactive, self-starter who can work independently.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building strong relationships.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.