An exciting opportunity exists in this rapidly growing, well-funded early-stage business. Their unique business model brings a new innovation to a rapidly developing technology field. The opportunity for progression at CXO level and equity exists.
The Chief Grid Technology officer will lead the development of the DER technology platform, data foundation and will pursue revenue opportunities via the provision of network services or participation in the wholesale market.
Manage current DER asset fleet that will undergo rapid growth, ensuring it is operating as intended and that SLAs are met.
- Work with vendors and suppliers to ensure that any technical issues are being promptly managed and develop maintenance strategies to ensure full optimisation across the contract life.
- Maintain all technical standards related to the installed fleet.
- Identify opportunities to introduce new classes of DER.
- Build the data foundation, working with partners to build the foundational data layer requires in order to manage the fleet of installed assets efficiently and professionally.
- Oversee the company’s fleet operational data: sourcing infrastructure, curation, security, maintenance, access, insights, reporting.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to deliver the requirements to enable world-class customer experience and value for all stakeholders.
- Manage healthy professional relationships with the different grid/network operators.
- Pursue revenue opportunities in the provision of services from the fleet to grid/network operators.
- Participate in technical conferences and ensure that the company is being perceived as a leader in the DER/VPP space.
- The role will grow into owning the technology roadmap and will be the lead in building VPP capabilities by discovering and implementing new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Develops strategies to increase profits, underpinned by cost-benefit and return-on-investment analysis.
A relevant degree such as Electrical, Electronic, Energy Management, Power Systems or Computer Science, with a Masters level education preferred and an MBA highly regarded.
- Substantial experience in developing DER aggregation or VPP technologies.
- Experience in leading teams and managing external vendors.
- Preferably experience from a scale-up business.
- Commercial awareness, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Methodical, goal oriented and strong organisational skills.
- A creative problem solver.
- An ability to motivate and influence people.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.