A Legal Manager is required for an Australian technology business that is developing cutting-edge solutions that streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy through prefabrication and automation. They are a Work180 Endorsed Employer.
The Legal Manager will ensure that the company’s business activities comply with all applicable laws, regulations and standards and its policies and procedures.
They will also:
- Draft and review contracts and agreements as well as develop templated processes and documents for rapid production of agreements as required.
- Engagement with key stakeholders across the Company in order to ensure all legal and compliance activities are proactively communicated and actioned.
- Identify emerging compliance issues and proactively advise on their implications and risk.
- Intellectual Property (IP) management including IP commercialisation, assisting with the identification and protection of novel IP and participation in all potential collaborations where IP may be involved.
- Conduct both internal and product/services related compliance reviews and audits.
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance policies, processes, procedures and risk management strategies to ensure the Company’s compliance with all applicable laws and regulation.
- Bachelor of Laws and admitted as a solicitor in Australia.
- Experience from either private practice advising early stage, high growth companies or in-house experience in an early stage, high growth company.
- Broad commercial legal experience covering contracts, employment, intellectual property, international trade, corporate securities, tax, regulation, ethics and privacy.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of risk management and controls.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to adapt and tailor communications to appropriate audiences.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with a relentless focus on excellence balanced with pragmatism.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.