A Corporate Legal Counsel is required for a leading, global solar technology business that is driving a growth strategy as well as introducing a range of new technologies to the market.
The Corporate Legal Counsel will manage drafting of contracts and agreements, working towards developing templated processes and documents when possible. They will also ensure that company’s business activities comply with all applicable laws, regulations and standards, and will develop the company’s policies and procedures.
• Negotiating, drafting and reviewing of a broad range of documents including confidentiality, non-disclosure, partnership and
funding agreements as well as leases and supplier agreements.
• General compliance review and advisory for the new Energy Retail business, to include:
o Development, management and implementation of the division’s governance policies and protocols and the provision of associated
o Ensuring all legal and compliance activities are proactively communicated and actioned.
• Drafting and managing contracts with outsourcing suppliers such as Billing/CRM Service provider, BNPL financing supplier.
• Identify emerging legal risks and compliance issues and proactively advise on their implications and risk.
• Seek expert external legal advice as required for specialist areas such as consumer law, electricity retail regulation.
• Manage and advise on employment and employee related issues.
• Develop, implement and maintain compliance policies, processes, procedures and risk management strategies to ensure the
Company’s compliance with all applicable laws and regulation.
• Bachelor of Laws and admitted as a Solicitor in Australia.
• 4-6 years PQE from either private practice or in-house with some corporate counsel experience.
• Strong experience in commercial contract management and negotiation.
• Transactional legal experience covering contracts, employment, finance, tax, regulation, ethics and privacy.
• Solid understanding and knowledge of risk management and controls.
• Experience gained in, or of, the renewable energy industry is preferred.
• Experience of electricity retail regulation and compliance would be highly regarded but not required.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills in order to gain information from a variety of stakeholders who have limited time, as well as
to prepare and present high-quality communications to appropriate audiences.
• The flexibility, resilience and adaptability to deliver in a growing and changing environment.
• Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.