A VPP Solutions Engineer is required for a leading renewable energy technology company that is establishing a new division to provide VPP based energy services. The Solutions Engineer will act as the interface across the internal hardware team, external software partner and energy retailers to drive various systems aggregation, responsible for developing optimal system configuration, communication and monitoring systems for home PV+ESS assets.
• Integrate various aggregation platforms such as HEMS platform and energy retailer’s operation system, for the company’s VPP business model.
• Review the company’s DER-based aggregation plans and develop the strategy, taking into consideration regulation changes, market movements and other significant factors.
• Assess the DER system components such as inverters, batteries, EMS, aggregation platforms including finalising the optimal system composition.
• Execute and operate the aggregation network as modeled in DER-based energy retail business, including the energy trading in wholesale energy and ancillary services markets.
• Cooperate with white-labeling retailer(s), especially as it relates to structuring an effective aggregation platform.
• Expand the business model into VPP’s, executing on the longer-term strategy.
• Experience in the engineering parts of VPP or micro-grid projects in Australia.
• Experience in managing DER assets of the market players such as energy retailer, distribution network.
• Excellent knowledge and skillsets of DER aggregation in the electricity market.
• IT-related skills for understanding the architecture of DER software and platform.
• Valid Australian work rights.
• A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Follow us on LinkedIn
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.