A VPP Product Manager is required for a leading renewable energy technology company that is establishing a new division to provide VPP based energy services. The VPP Product Manager will be the product owner responsible for designing and implementing the business model as well as pricing and revenue strategies for the new business unit.
- Structuring the prices and costs of energy plans to end-users, considering the end-users’ benefit, market competition and all the cost components in the DER-based energy retail models.
- Build up the revenue strategy for maximizing the revenue streams including VPP services.
- Perform detailed analysis on all cost factors such as generation cost, charging/discharging cost and import cost.
- Build up the long-term strategy in the DER-based energy retail field, conducting the comprehensive market/industry research, and developing new business models fitting to the strategy.
- Negotiate and cooperate with white-labelling retailer(s) on cost negotiation, workflow and all other detailed operational practices.
- Experience as a pricing and/or costing analyst in the Australian electricity market, preferably in an electricity retail business.
- Excellent knowledge of DER-based energy retail business models.
- Modelling capability to deconstruct competitor tariffs and develop the bottom-up cost factors driving our ability to compete with these customer offers.
- Professional understanding and intuitive knowledge of the short and long term movement of the Australian electricity market.
- Excellent skills in Excel (VBA), SQL and other modelling tools.
- Strong development ability to clearly communicate complex data.
- Valid Australian work rights.
- A team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.