A Prototype Production Technician is required for an Australian technology business that is developing cutting-edge solutions that streamline and drastically reduce the time and cost of deploying large scale solar energy.
The Prototype Production Technician will undertake the fabrication of physical prototypes in a workshop setting, using basic trade skills, with limited information and little supervision, in a fast-paced environment.
They will also support members of the Technology Development group, and on occasion, other members of the engineering team, in the development of concepts via building, evaluating and testing physical prototypes. This includes contributing to the ideation of fabrication methods to produce representative samples, contributing to evaluation methods, conducting evaluations and providing objective feedback.
As product testing is a core competency for the company, this role will contribute to test system requirements, ideas for test designs and apparatus, method development and validation as well as conducting preliminary / exploratory / informal testing as prelude to formal testing for product verification.
- Diploma or certificate in engineering, or similar qualification, or a trades background with suitable workshop experience.
- Experience in workshop practices fabricating physical prototypes, particularly in steel and aluminium with a focus on precision.
- A team player, and good communicator, that doesn’t hesitate to seek clarification and takes the initiative when it comes to working with briefs from engineers.
- Familiar with desktop computer tools such as MS Office and the Google suite.
- Good written English and keyboard skills for data recording and report writing.
- Committed to safety and workplace organisation.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.