A Manufacturing Process Design Engineer is required for an Australian technology business that is developing cutting-edge solutions that streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy.
The Manufacturing Process Design Engineer will develop new ideas and methods for manufacture and assembly by ideating, evaluating and down-selecting, defining & validating key production processes.
They will also ensure DfM & DfA requirements are resolved & reflected in product designs and will have ownership of process deliverables downstream of concept selection, such as:
- contributing to macro process plans,
- identifying characteristics to be controlled via risk assessments such as PFMEA,
- specifying control points and control methods,
- prescribing &/or reviewing and approving control plans,
- prescribing process validation plans,
- reviewing process validation evidence.
Key requirements include:
- A Degree in Mechanical, Process or Production Engineering.
- Process design or manufacturing experience from industries with well-established use of manufacturing or process automation.
- Expert in manufacturing process design and development, technology and dealing with suppliers.
- A visionary who can push the concept to full automation.
- Flexibility and autonomy to thrive in a growing, early stage business.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.