A land acquisition opportunity exists in a renewable energy project development business that is growing to become a major long-term part of the renewable energy industry.
The Land Acquisition Manager will identify suitable sites in NSW and conduct landowner negotiations including the discussion of exclusivity and options, with the aim of signing exclusivity agreements leading to options to lease or option for easements.
- Conduct site selection work, including searches for land titles, access rights and easements.
- Develop a detailed understanding of each search area with respect to landowners, networks and relationships in a local area.
- Cold call and network with local landowners to establish relationships and set up meetings.
- Work with the Head of Wind Development in early-stage negotiations with landowners.
- Negotiate and conclude appropriate property rights for the Company’s renewable energy developments, initially exclusivity agreements then leading to options to lease.
- Liaise with and provide instructions to internal and external solicitors and agents.
- Liaise with landowners and external legal advisors in a professional manner.
- Maintaining the company’s land templates and support the development of new documents as required.
- Managing the internal approval and document control process for land agreements.
A qualification in property, land or estates management preferred but not required.
- Experience in property acquisition including leases, development and/or Landlord & Tenant negotiations with a focus on rural / utility property assets.
- Familiarity with property law and documentation.
- Knowledge of infrastructure development is preferred, but not essential.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and closing skills.
- Demonstrable experience of building relationships and closing deals in rural or agricultural areas.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility to deliver results.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, experience with GIS software is desirable.
- Native/Fluent English language skills.
- Flexibility to travel throughout Australia, but particularly in home state.
- Current driving licence.
- Permanent resident or Australian Citizen.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.