A Head of People & Culture is required for an Australian technology business that is developing cutting-edge solutions that streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy through prefabrication and automation.
The Head of People & Culture will support the business through its growth journey by further building the culture and ensuring a supportive and effective environment for its people – train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to.
They will also develop and implement People, Culture and HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy to maximize their people’s productivity through tools, programs, employee engagement, professional & organizational development. They will also support the executive team to uphold the company’s social responsibilities as well as ensuring legal compliance through the development and communication of HR policies, effective management of employee relations and the training and engagement of line managers to enable them to be accountable for managing their own teams’ HR requirements.
Essential Requirements and Attributes
- Business, Human Resources or Organisational Psychology or Development degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable track record of Human Resources Management experience, particularly in developing and implementing HR strategies, policies and procedures.
- Experience in the build, design, implementation and embedding of organisational development and people strategies to drive changes to organisational behaviour.
- Expertise in developing and implementing learning & development programs for individual professional development and to achieve organizational development goals.
- Human Resources experience gained across a regional remit such as Asia Pacific or the Americas.
- Expertise in employee relations, organizational and management development.
- Experience of resourcing, hiring and employment compliance in Australia and relevant overseas locations.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of strategy development and is able to work with multiple teams to align functional strategy with organisational vision, translating vision to action to achieve desired results.
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity and execute with pace.
- Experience working within early stage or high growth businesses as well experience within a technology or engineering based organisation.
- A mature perspective on the challenges of a growing team, being able to bring them together to foster collaboration.
- A collaborative team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residence.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.