A Financial Accountant is required for an Australian technology business that is developing cutting-edge solutions that streamline and drastically reduce the cost of deploying large scale solar energy.
The Financial Accountant will be a generalist and will also cover some management accounting responsibilities. They will be responsible for the analysis, evaluation and reporting on financial matters to external and internal stakeholders.
Specifically they will:
- Own monthly financial reporting for entities as specified by the Head of Finance.
- Review work performed by Accounts team and Assistant Accountants.
- Partner with the business to prepare and review of annual budgets and monthly rolling forecasts.
- Provide data and analytical support to functions including business case development and support, external benchmarking, and budgeting support
- Support effective business decision-making through deep analysis of accounting and economic data; business cases/modelling and provision of professional advice
- Completion of month end reconciliations of P+L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow accounts, clearing reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Preparation of Consolidated reporting and Board reporting requirements
- Variance analysis to budget and prior year.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets Ledger monthly.
- Assist in the preparation of the year end statutory accounts.
- Preparation of annual fringe benefits tax return.
- Preparation and lodgement of monthly/quarterly Business Activity Statements.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Commerce with CPA or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Experience of foreign currency management from international operations.
- Pragmatic, hands on and able to cope with ambiguity and a lack of robust systems.
- Strong organisational and analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A flexible team player with the discipline and self-motivation to enjoy working autonomously and enthusiasm to “work in the trenches” to achieve outcomes.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.