An exciting opportunity exists for a Control Systems Engineer with hybrid energy systems experience to join a vertically integrated provider of energy control solutions experiencing a strong period of growth.
The Control Systems Engineer will be responsible as Team Lead to manage the engineering team, enhance the team’s hybrid energy system expertise and improve the design and application of new and existing control system technologies, as well as managing the implementation of these technologies when integrating with various sources.
They will also:
- Select or design and program, parameterize system integration, testing and on-site commissioning of:
- Commercial-scale power conversion and storage systems
- Multi-function protection relays and PLCs
- Integration of various power generation systems (e.g. solar PV, diesel/gas engines and storage)
- LV power switchboards (both AC and DC)
- Integration into the HV network
- Communication of various power system field devices with the overlaid Distributed Energy Resources control system (Modbus TCP, Modbus RS485, CANBus)
- Protection settings for LV 3-phase utility grid connected distributed power assets
- Develop well-written project and business-related technical documentation.
- Interface with key supplier engineering teams to ensure that product-specific capabilities are integrated at a project level.
- Review system design prior to production.
- Coach team members on achieving goals and developing necessary skills that get results.
- Provide technical leadership to the team, especially with hybrid energy systems.
- Communicate individual and team goals and evaluate progress.
- Report regularly to the management team on the team’s progress, achievement of goals and other relevant areas.
- Electrical Engineering or other relevant degree, with a specialisation course (Diploma/Certificate) being highly regarded.
- An Electrical Licence is desirable.
- Experience of Renewable and Hybrid Energy Systems experience (Inverters, Batteries, diesel/gas generators).
- Low Voltage Switchboards and protection.
- Power Industry control and communication protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC61850, CAN).
- Design, implementation and testing of on-site and remote data capture and communication systems.
- PLC, SCADA programming and commissioning experience.
- Preferably experience as a team leader
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.