A Business Development Manager is required for a leading, global solar technology business that is driving a growth strategy as well as introducing a range of new technologies to the market.
The Business Development Manager will set strategies and plans for the Victorian market, focused on increasing sales through existing solar installers as well as new, quality customer acquisition to meet sales revenue targets.
The role can be home based.
- Manage current customer accounts in the Victorian market and acquire new customers in PV module, ESS, PPA markets, specifically in the rooftop segment to increase sales.
- Manage the customers for retention and gradually increase the sales revenue/wallet share of each existing customer.
- Prepare and provide sales and product training to customers, based on cooperating with Marketing and Engineering functions.
- Develop a region relevant strategy for PV module, ESS system and PPA sales to drive the attainment of goals, ensuring on-time execution.
- Actively gather market intelligence, such as customers’ sentiment, competitors’ product and pricing, supply and demand status, industry trends and regulatory changes etc.
- Report on a weekly basis to senior management and relevant teams.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in DER such as VPP, Micro-grid, etc.
- Achieve the company’s and individual KPI which mainly consists of sales volumes of PV module, ESS and energy products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce or Engineering would be highly preferred.
- Demonstrable solar sales experience, preferably in PV distribution.
- Strong hands-on experience in driving sales to solar installers to maximise sales, maintaining a customer base and network of at least 50 customers.
- A track record of delivering hands-on sales growth, meeting and exceeding business targets.
- Strong strategic sales capability and exceptional relationship management skills.
- An excellent communicator, at ease presenting across to customers, stakeholders and industry alike.
- Ability and willingness to travel within region frequently and nation-wide occasionally.
- Permanent resident or Australian Citizen.
Freshwater Group is a best practice renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Freshwater Group: Great People Better Outcomes
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.